1. Helmet head actually improves my hairdo.
2. Riding a motorcycle forces you to live in the moment. You have to be consistently alert to stay safe. You can’t zone out like you sometimes do when you’re driving a car.
3. Smiling releases endorphins which are good for you! Riding the bike actually makes me feel younger, freer, and the opposite of a stick in the mud.
4. It simplifies life. I’ve learned to pack efficiently and to be less particular about what doodads and whatnots I have with me. I’ve stopped carrying a massive purse filled with crap that I rarely use. Same with shopping while the bike is my ride. I’m less wasteful and less likely to buy something I don’t need.
5. I love the look of surprise on peoples’ faces when they see I’m not whatever it is they expect me to be!